Wooden Bed Frames: Strength with Style
Divan bed sets are a great choice, especially if you're trying to save on space. But there is something undeniably special about a wooden bed frame, which adds instant splendour and grandeur to a bedroom. In this edition of the Odd Size Beds blog, we'll be showcasing some of the fantastic wooden bed frames we supply.
Timber is one of the oldest construction materials used by humans and the fact that it is still widely used today is a testament to its many unique qualities. Bed frames constructed from timber boast a warm, beautiful aesthetic that is unmatched in other materials whether natural or artificial. Timber is also extremely strong and durable: timber bed frames from the Tudor era can be found in many museums and they are still in tip-top condition!
To craft our wooden bed frames, we use pine of the highest quality that has been responsibly and sustainably sourced from Scandinavia and Brazil. Except White and Grey Shaker bed frames (more details below), timber bed frames from Odd Size Beds can be supplied with an antique or natural finish. If you would prefer to stain, varnish or paint the frame yourself, we can also supply the frames unfinished.
Some of our bed frames can be supplied with storage options for a small extra charge. A wide range of standard sizes is available, along with custom sizes to exactly suit the dimensions of your bedroom.
The Odd Size Beds collection of wooden bed frames includes:
- Coniston Bed Frames. These versatile frames are available in a choice of three different formats: high foot end, low foot end or studio. Strong and sturdy, bed frames from the Coniston collection provide a stable and robust sleeping surface.
- Orlando Bed Frames. With exquisitely engineered design features including a gracefully-curved headboard and turned legs/spindles, Orlando bed frames are nothing short of beautiful. This frame is available in a high or low foot end format.
- Shaker Bed Frames. The Shaker bed frame is available in White and grey; it can also be supplied as plain timber with your chosen finish. Suitable for placing in both modern and traditional interior design schemes, Shaker bed frames are characterised by their clean, sharp geometric lines. An integral slatted headboard completes the timeless aesthetic.
- Vegas Bed Frames. Crafted to a sleek, minimal design, Vegas bed frames work perfectly with contemporary interiors. Each frame is constructed from slow-growing pine, guaranteeing a long service life and unmatched strength.
- Studio Bed Frames. It can be difficult to find a suitable bed for rooms that are small or awkwardly shaped, like loft conversions or other spaces with low, sloping roofs. The Studio wooden bed frame is the ideal solution.